Thursday, April 26, 2012

~ "The Need" . . .

"It's nice sometimes
to open up the heart a little
and let some hurt come in.
It proves you're still alive.
If nothing else
it says to you,
clear as high hill air,
uncomfortable
as diving through cold water,
I'm here!
However wretchedly I feel,
I feel!"
~Rod McKuen

I simply ♥ Rod McKuen's poetry.
It speaks to me.....deeply.
I have most of his books.
I sigh when I read them.
Anyway, this is for my "NowYou" project.
I was feeling cranky .... really cranky .....
and I didn't want to take these shots....
especially with no photoshop!
I thought "How can I?" 
But I'm committed to this project
and so I did.
This is who you'd see if you came knocking at my door.
VoilĂ .....c'est moi!!!!!
~



5 comments:

  1. I just love ya sis! you have such kind eyes and an even kinder face. Love the first comp....and i'm so glad you let the world see your beautiful smiling eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come knock on my door anytime...love your puppy dog eyes and bravery...i am not happy about my aging self staring back at me in the mirror, so i avoid them. love rod mckuen quote very much..."feel" is a great word.
    erin
    xxoo
    p.s. your header offers "shots", i like lemon drops. kiddin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Kelly are blowing me away with these raw, natural, self-portraits. I bow down to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I my gosh. Your selfie shots really are amazing. Your Eyes are beautiful. So glad you were brave and took the shots. I really enjoy seeing the real you my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem for a great capture.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment .... let's chat!