Thursday, September 1, 2011

~Book or Nook ....

I was recently offered a Nook.   My sister-in-law upgraded to a new and improved Nook and she asked me if I'd like to have her old one.  I hesitated but finally said "Yes".  I took it home and set it down, picked it up, set it down, picked it up again and  tried to read a "nook book".  It just didn't feel right.  It actually felt awkward.  I missed the feel of holding a chunky paperback in my hands.  I missed the smell of the paper.  I missed turning the pages.  I missed placing my bookmark in the book after I was done reading for the night.  I missed the "book".   I'm not against technology .... I like having the latest and greatest of anything and everything but this just didn't feel right ... at least to me.  So, I guess with this one I'm going to be behind the times .... give me a good old fashion book to hold and read and I'm happy.   Now, excuse me while I go and curl up on the couch and read a chapter or two.

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I go for the book too. I just finished reading "The Help." Isn't that a good book. I want to see the movie now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sis! I got so excited to see you posted! I wait on baited breath! BOOK-without a doubt-I could have written what you did word for word...I even pick out the bookmark i'm going to use specific to the book i'm reading! The Help is an all time fav...now I need to go see the movie. Wish we could go see it together. Love the softness and light in this D~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is any consolation - This is how I feel about photography - The feel of holding a photo, cannot be replaced with digital images on my laptop - Some photos are "meant" to be printed and held - So I can relate to what you have been said about Nook vs Book. I am on the fence, I do want the new Kindle Fire, but I feel I will also miss opening the book to my last page read, the feel of the book in my hands, the smell of the paper etc ... I think we are on the same page (no pun intended) on this one :)
    ~Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment .... let's chat!